Friday, March 23, 2012

Pasta Alio Olio


A lot of my friends have asked me for a vegetarian pasta recipe. And hence so this post.  I make this pasta so often in our. I make it with hot hot green chillies and capsicums, both of which I love!

I came up with this recipe one night around 2 AM.  I was so so hungry, and couldn’t sleep.  So I went to my pantry and saw what I use to make a quick and satisfying meal. And found some leftover whole wheat pasta.  We try to avoid white flour in our home, and so I buy whole wheat pasta. The taste needs some getting used too, but we are used to it by now.



Pasta Alio Olio
Ingredients:
About half a pack – cooked sphagetti
3 tbl sp – Olive oil
2 – green chillies
½ - Capsicum (finely diced)
2 – cloves of garlic (finely grated)
Salt – to taste
1 table sp – mixed herbs (oregano, thyme, rosemary)
1 table sp – fresh parsley/coriander (finely diced)

Directions:
      -          Heat the olive oil in a pan
-          Add the grated garlic and sauté for a minute
-          Add the chillies, salt , and capsicum. Fry well.
-          Add the mixed herbs and fry for a minute.
-          Now add the cooked pasta to the pan.
-         Sauté until well mixed and heated through.
-          Now sprinkle with fresh parsley/coriander, serve hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment