Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Best Chocolate Cupcakes

I have been searching for a fool proof chocolate cupcake recipe for years now. I am glad to say that my search has ended! These cupcakes are just too good. They are super moist, extremely chocolaty and so soft!

I came across this recipe on Julie Hasson's 125 Best Cupcake Recipes. She calls this recipe as “Best Chocolate Cupcakes”. I was curious as to how they would turn out. And after my first try, I have to admit that the recipe is aptly named. I tried a small batch at first, just to try it out, and it turned out good.



We were invited to a get together with friends that weekend. We ordered food from outside. So I thought of bringing a dessert for dinner. I doubled this recipe and made a huge batch. The cupcakes were a hit! Everyone loved it. Thankfully I had left a few cupcakes at home for us. And we enjoyed it during the following week.
All the chocolate lovers out there, please give this recipe a try. I promise you will love it!



Best Chocolate Cupcakes
from Julie Hasson's 125 Best Cupcake Recipes
yields 12 cupcakes*
Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
  • In a small bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
  • In a large bowl whisk together sugar, oil, egg and vanilla until smooth.
  • Alternately whisk in flour mixture and buttermilk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of buttermilk, beating until batter is smooth.
  • Stir in chocolate chips.
  • Scoop batter into prepared pan.
  • Bake in preheated oven for 22 to 27 minutes or until tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched.
  • Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes.
  • Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.
  • I made 24 mini cupcakes. I baked the mini cupcakes for 13 minutes and the regular sized cupcakes for 22 minutes.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment