Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Chocolate Puffs

I have always wanted to try out pie recipes. But I found the task of making the pie crust quite daunting. I thought maybe if I found some frozen pie crust, then it would be easier. But all I found was frozen puff pastry.

So I bought those, and searched the web for a recipe to use up my puff pastry dough. I had the following recipe for chocolate puffs in my PC for a long time. But I never got a chance to try it out. But now since I had the puff pastry I thought this might be an easy way to try it all out.



The making of these puffs were a breeze. I had some chocolate Hershey’s Kiss in my pantry, and I used those for the chocolate fillings. The puffs were crispy and sweet on the outside, and oh so chocolaty on the inside! I passed these to my neighbour’s daughter and she loveddddd it! She finished the entire box in one sitting and refused to share it with her parents J She has become my un-official taste taster as of lately. And she loves all my cooking experiments!



Chocolate Puffs:
Recipe adapted from http://picky-palate.com/
Ingredients: 
·         1 frozen puff pastry, thawed
·         25 Hershey Kisses of choice
·         1 egg white whisked with 1 Tbsp water
·         Powdered sugar for dusting 
Directions:
1.      Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
2.      Roll out puff pastry onto a lightly floured counter top. 
3.      Place 10 Kisses on the rolled out puff pastry, about 2 1/2 inches apart.
4.      Take a knife or a rounder cookie cutter and cut a 2 1/2-3 inch circle around Kiss. 
5.      Fold half of pie dough around top of dough and pinch edge around top of kiss.
6.      Now, fold up both sides of remaining dough up to the tip of the kiss pinching edge.
7.      Now press together edges and form criss-cross.
8.      Continue cutting dough around kisses until all dough is used up
9.      Brush all little pies with an egg white wash then sprinkle with granulated sugar.
10.  Bake for 20-28 minutes or until little pies are golden. 
11.  Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
12.  Dust each with powdered sugar and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment