Monday, August 15, 2016

Pumpkin Cake

So finally I decided to venture into pumpkin recipes. I baked this cake early on a Monday morning, for a pumpkin loving friend. I added loads of chocolate chips on top to make it extra special. I had taken the cake to my friend’s place for lunch. After our lunch, before I had reached home, my friends have started to ping me with messages, asking for the pumpkin cake recipe. So this recipe was a definite hit.



Pumpkin Cake:
Yeilds: One 9x9 square cake
Recipe adapted from Yammies Noshery.com

Ingerdients:
1 ½ cups -  pumpkin puree (I used canned pumpkin puree)
2 eggs + 1 egg white
3/4 cup - vegetable oil
1 ½  teaspoon vanilla
1 ¼  cups - sugar
1 ½ cups – plain flour
1/2  teaspoon – salt
1 teaspoon -  baking soda
3/4 teaspoon - baking powder
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ cup – chocolate chips
¼ cup – chopped walnuts

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 180ÂșC.
  • Line the bottom of a 9"x9" square pan, and grease the sides.
  • In a bowl, add sugar and oil, mix well. Combine the pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Mix well.
  • Combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and spices. Add to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
  • Pour into the greased pan, sprinkle the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts on top.
  • Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool before removing from pan.




No comments:

Post a Comment