Here is a guilt free recipe for your chocolate indulgences. I have been saving up some avocado recipes for a while now. Finally this weekend, I found some beautiful ripe avocados in the market. So I decided to try out this super simple recipe from kirantarun.com. She posts some amazing recipes with inspiring photos.
The mousse turned up super delicious, so rich and creamy without all that fattening stuff. For a bit of crunch add a sprinkle of crushed pistachios on top.
Chocolate Avocado Mousse:
Yields: 2 servings
- 2 – Ripe Avocados
- 115 grams – Baking chocolate
- 2 tablespoon – Oil (I used sunflower oil)
- 1 tablespoon – Honey
- 1 tablespoon – Instant Coffee
- A pinch of salt
- Crushed pistachios for garnish
- Mix the chocolate, oil, honey and instant coffee in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave this on high for 30-45 seconds, stirring in intervals. Just until the chocolate is melted. Be careful so as not to burn the chocolate. Remove from heat and give it a good mix.
- Remove the avocado pulp from the outer shell and mash it well.
- Add the melted chocolate and the salt to the mashed avocado and mix well until everything is smooth and creamy.
- Chill for a couple of hours. Serve chilled, topped with crushed pistachios or cashews.