I made these yummy strawberry puddings for a committee meeting at our local temple. These pudding cups were a huge hit among adults and kids. It was so rich and creamy and the whipped cream topping elevated this simple pudding to a chic dessert option.I originally made the rose pudding from YummyTummyAarthi.com. The rose pudding was made with rose essence I got from India. It was so great that I tried this strawberry pudding recipe with a few alterations to the original recipe.
I used small shot glasses for the photo shoot. The shot glasses are so versatile. Do invest in a few of them and you won’t regret it when your guests are ooing and aahing over your bite sized dessert during your next dinner party :)
I used small disposable dessert cups for my second batch. These are so convenient for taking dessert for potlucks. And they look so cute.
Strawberry Pudding with whipped cream frosting
Yields – 20 small dessert cups of pudding
For the pudding:
- Milk – 750 ml
- Sugar – 1 ¼ Cups
- Gelatin Powder – 2.5 Tablespoons
- Strawberry essence – 1 tablespoon
- Red food coloring – ½ tablespoon
For whipped cream frosting: (Optional)
- Whipping cream – ½ cup (chilled)
- Icing sugar – 5 tablespoons
- Soak the gelatin powder in ¼ cup of room temperature water for 15 min.
- Add the sugar to the milk and heat it in a pan.
- Bring the milk to a boil and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Now add the gelatin mixture to the milk and keep stirring until dissolved.
- Remove from heat, and add in the strawberry essence and red food coloring.
- Strain the milk mixture through a sieve to remove any un-dissolved gelatin lumps.
- Pour into a desired mould and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Serve cold with whipped cream topping.
For the whipped cream topping:
- Beat the whipping cream and icing sugar in a stand mixture until stiff peaks are formed.
- Fill a piping bag with the whipped cream and pipe over the set puddings.
- Use different flavoured essences and food coloring to make a variety of pudding flavours.
- I used small dessert cups and shot glasses to serve my pudding,
- You can also use a cake pan or any serving dish to set the pudding. Coat the pan/dish with little bit of oil before pouring in the pudding mixture. After the pudding sets in the refrigerator, invert it on to a plate and cut into squares and serve cold.
- The whipped cream topping is optional.