This recipe couldn't be any more easier or more delicious! And chocolate makes everything better. This homemade chocolate cashew butter is a great alternative to the store bought chocolate spreads full of corn syrup. The key to the smoothest and tastiest butter is to use good quality fresh cashew and cocoa. So start blending!
Chocolate Cashew Butter
Yeilds: 1 1/2 cups of butter
- 2 cups - Raw cashew nuts
- 3 tablespoons - Cocoa Powder (add according to taste)
- 3 tablespoons - Extra virgin coconut oil
- 3-4 tablespoons - sugar (add according to taste)
- In a food processor, grind the cashew nuts to a powder.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and grind to a smooth paste.
- The food processor over heats, so stop periodically and scrape the sides.
- Transfer to a dry container and keep refrigerated
- The butter can be stored up to a month in the fridge.
- It can be used as bread spread, to top your favourite ice cream, blend it in with a bowl of oatmeal, or enjoy as a dip for fruit slices.