Last weekend we had a few friends over for lunch. We really loved hosting these lovely friends whom we lost to Ireland 10 years back! It was so much fun catching up…and we chatted till our jaws hurt! This was a pretty last minute lunch date so I didn't have time for any elaborate south Indian style lunch menu. But there were 4 kids coming, so I wanted to make something quick and yummy.
I made some marshmallow pops (recipe to be posted soon) and these quesadillas. And I couldn't believe how fast these got gobbled up! The quesadillas where slathered with sauce filled with cheese which are always a super hit! For the recipe post I added some chicken sausages. But if your guests are vegetarians like mine were, then you can totally omit the chicken and just go with the veggies.
So now you have this super quick appetizer recipe to wow you “mini” guests! Tried and tested! The kids loved the quesadillas so much that they forgot the rest of the dishes on the table!
Recipe Adapted from budgetbytes.com
Tortillas – 4 (I used MISSION Multi-grain Tortillas)
Mozzarella Cheese – 2 cups (shredded)
Pasta Sauce – 2 cups (I used PREGO Pasta Sauce)
Onion – 1 Med Size (thinly sliced)
Capsicum – 1 Med Size (thinly sliced)
Olives (black or green) – 1 cup (sliced)
Chicken Sausage (optional) – 2 (thinly sliced)
Oil – for sauteing
- Slice all the veggies, drain the olives and keep aside.
- Add a little oil to a pan and saute the thinly sliced chicken sausage for a few minutes until cooked. Drain on paper napkins.
- Take one tortilla wrap and spread ½ cup of pasta sauce on it.
- To this add a little capsicum, onions, olives and the sauteed chicken sausage. Then add ½ cup of mozzarella cheese and fold the tortilla in half.
- Heat a flat based pan with a little oil and cook the tortilla until brown and crispy on both sides.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm.
- You can prepare the tortillas a couple of hours beforehand. When your guests are ready to eat, cook and serve the quesadillas immediately, otherwise they tend to get soggy.
- You can add or omit any of the toppings you want to suit your needs.