Happy Easter wishes to everyone. Hope you enjoyed the long weekend. I did a lot of shopping. Hubby dragged me to the new G.I.Joe movie, and for the first time ever I managed to fall asleep in a theater! And this was after my experience with the looong musical movie Les Miserables!! The movie was too boring for me.We had some guests over on Saturday. I got to try out two new recipes, Palak Poori and this Nutella Cheesecake. Both came out great. I am a fan of both dishes now!
This No-Bake Cheesecake is so quick and easy to put together, but looks like you slaved over it. It was so rich and chocolatey, melt in your mouth goodness. If you are mad about chocolate desserts, then this one is going to steal your heart! Make this ahead of time and store in the refrigerator, and enjoy it at the end of your meal with friends.
|Crushing Oreo Cookies in a zip-lock bag.|
No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake:
Yields: 5 – 6 Servings
Recipe from mybakingaddiction.com
For the Crust:
12 Oreo Cookies – Crushed into Crumbs
Unsalted Butter – 2 Tablespoons,Melted
For the Filling:
Cream Cheese – 1 Cup, softened (I used Philadelphia Block Cream Cheese)
Nutella – 2/3 cup
Vanilla Extract – 1 teaspoon
Whipped Cream – 1 Cup (I used whipped cream from a can)
For the Topping:
Almonds – Chopped and roasted
- Place the Oreo cookies in a zip-lock bag and crush it with a rolling pin. (Rolling Pin: Used to make Chapattis)
- Mix the crushed cookies with melted butter. Divide equally among individual serving dishes and press it down to for the Crust Layer.
- In a bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together the softened cream cheese and Nutella until smooth.
- Now with a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped cream with the cream cheese and Nutella. Mix gently until no white streaks are seen.
- Pipe or spoon in the mixture, on top of the Oreo cookie crust layer.
- Cover and refrigerate, for 2 hours.
- Serve cold, topped with whipped cream and roasted almonds.