I have wanted to try out basundhi for a long time. Couple of weeks back , hubby and myself where on the 6 day sahsti veredham. It was a devine week with lord muruga, and I made this delicious bsundhi on the 6th day day to celebrate Soorasamharam.
Hope you try out this sweet and simple dessert for your next veredham!
Makes 2 servings
Milk – 3 Cups
Sugar – ¼ Cup
Pista /Badam – 10
Saffron – few strands
Cardamon /cardamom extract – a pinch
- Heat the milk in a pan, over medium flame.
- Keep stirring until in reduces to one-third of volume.
- Keep stirring at regular intervals, to prevent burning at the bottom of pan.
- Add the sugar,cardamom and pista/badam and keep stirring until the sugar dissolves for about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from stove and cool completely. Serve chilled.